Thursday, March 26, 2009

Advani as PM?

Who thinks Advani will not be a good PM? And who is sure Advani will be bad PM?

I am confused! Not because of Advani, who I think, has done both good and bad things unlike Manmohan Singh, who never did anything bad! Not because Manmohan Singh might be the longest serving coalition PM? I am worried, why everyone is not confused?

Let me present myself in a bit ‘organised’ way!

First why I think he will be a good PM?
Advani was acquitted by the court in the Baabri Masjid demolition case. Remember, Rath Yatra was no joke! Advani, if you ask an Investigation Bureau insider, was much better than any of the home ministers in last couple of decades. Remember the Muftis and the Patils were suit not polity changers! During his tenure as Home Minister, Kashmir saw a significant decline in terrorism. Forget human rights violation, they have always happened. After all we can’t hundred percent is an improbable idea. And let’s not take the credit of his Jinna praise away! After all Jinna gave us a neighbour! And anyway a man, who partitioned India, for whatever reasons, can’t be a stupid person! And I don’t have problems with Advani’s open declaration, ‘I want to be PM’. We feel bad because of our tradition of pretense! We liked Obama. Let’s be fair to Advani.

Now why I think, he will be bad PM?
First, Advani doesn’t have a Rahul and he can’t choose his successor. This will be his greatest handicap. Everyone will fight for post Advani scenario. Second, PMO is not Home Ministry. And, he can’t handle it like the terrorists! Next, he is just going to be yet another PM, not a Rathyatri this time. He might be an embarrassment if he does not have any information of his finance minister going to New York in recession times, the way it happened in Quandhar!

Hello, one thing I am sure without confusion! We are not going to have a powerful PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your effort to say what you feel

Your Search Ends Here!